Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Results from the 2010 ICF Pro Tour








































These are a few images from my 75 image portolio I submitted in the 2010 Images For Conservation Pro Tour of Nature Photography Contest in which I competed this past April. See my earlier blog post about the contest for more information about it. After finishing up my Coastal Brown Bears of Alaska Photo Tour on Friday I flew overnight from Anchorage to Laredo Texas for the Awards Ceremony on Saturday afternoon. I was awarded 2nd place and won $31,000. This is the 3rd time in a row I've finished 2nd in this event. I had the first ever ICF contest image with a perfect score of 30 points.


8 comments:

  1. Very nice photos. How much did you make use of the 7D and in what situations would you use it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Of the 75 images I turned in for my ICF portfolio 24 were taken with the 7d. I found it to be a very good camera for macro photography and used it the most for that venue. I also used it when working from a blind blind when I needed a bit more reach for smaller subjects instead of attaching teleconveters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Dale! And thanks for a great week in Alaska with the bears.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much and it was a joy having you along... Hope CA worked out as well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Robert. There has been a lot of discussion regarding noise with the 7D due to its smaller pixels and high density of pixels on the chip. How have you found the 7D in this regard? Oh, did you have to adjust any of your lenses before using them on the 7D? Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the contest. Sure had a great time in Alaska.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not found the noise on the 7D to be a problem at all. Of course I always shoot as low as an ISO as possible to achieve my goal. I've been very happy with the 7d up to ISO 1600.

    I've found my lenses to be pretty much right on as far as Micro focus adjustment with both my 7d and 1dmk4. MFA is tricky and sometines frustrating to get right so I'm very happy I didn't have to adjust my lenses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Rich... Sorry I didnt't get back to you on this it's been a crazy week...

    ReplyDelete